Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Race For The Runner

The day after Christmas I found myself finishing the table runner I had promised for before the big day. Here I am spinning off some rags for the weft of the runner. As you can see it was really cold in the studio. You see it costs us somewhere around $400. a month to heat the place and us being the poor starving artist we are, we put on sweaters and wear gloves and scarves to keep us toasty. I love the smell of good wool so I don't mind being cold and in fact the more I work the warmer I get. Am I hot or what? Well at least warm...


Here is the runner on the loom about to be finished and cut off. I really like the way this one came out. I am making a mental note of this pattern for I have not done anything such as this before. I am not a big fan of using the same color weft but once in a while you have to throw what it is you want out the window to achieve something else. I throw my shoes out the window right after because they were starting to smell bad. I singed and finished the ends and delivered it to the person that is was meant for later that night. She was a happy camper. Never sure if they will like it or not when done, this time it all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment