Sunday, January 1, 2012

The First Warp Of The New Year!

I spent today, New Years Day in the studio working on a commission that I got right before  Christmas. I planned it all out and wound out the warp. The whole time I was thinking that this is the first year that I didn't make or even eat pork and kraut. What am I going to do? Well I will have to just pretend that I had it. I have to look at it this way, I will look better without it. If you have left overs send them my way please.

I riped up some cloth that I bought for this project and spun it with a little carpet warp for the filler of the runner I am working on. I wasn't sure about all the threads that stick out after I ripped it up but after I spun it they disappeared. I am really liking spinning rags. I can't wait to see what happens next. Each time I get more excited than the last. I sometimes jump up and down and pee my pants but don't tell anybody. I am hopping that I will be able to stay at the studio all day tomorrow and get this done because I have a bag warp on the other loom that I really need to get going on. I posted the warp way back before Thanksgiving but had rugs ans runners to make for those who ordered them.
         I am hopping that this year will be better than the last because it really blew eggs. Think Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment